SAGE is a Prince Edward Island grassroots volunteer organization whose mandate is to educate and empower community to prevent child sexual abuse. SAGE is a registered not for profit organization.
• Advocate on behalf of survivors.
• Provide and support non-therapeutic programs for survivors.
• Community education, outreach and collaboration with community partners all leading towards PREVENTION.
All children on PEI are safe from sexual abuse.
- Islanders (policy makers, professionals, parents, families, and communities) are aware that sexual abuse is being committed.
- Islanders are aware of the experiences of survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- Islanders will be able to take action for stopping child sexual abuse.
- Islanders will take action to support survivors to have a voice in stopping child sexual abuse.
- Islanders are aware of the personal, social, and economic impacts of child sexual abuse.
- People who have experienced child sexual abuse will have the skills and opportunities to become community leaders.
- Islanders will support potential offenders and offenders to take accountability and to stop offending.